This feature allows customers to invite patients to use the Patient portal. The main advantages of this feature are:
- Promote online booking and appointment management
- Shift patients from offline to online channels
- Prevent registration conflicts caused by duplicates
How does it work?
Invitation consists in a link that allows patients to land on a Patient portal page where they must
- Confirm their identity by entering the Family name
- Enter the password they will be using from that moment onward to login to the patient portal
- Accept privacy policies
Types of invitation
Manual invitation: single and bulk
If a customer decides to invite patients manually they can either:
- Invite a single patient from inside the patient profile page by using the "invite to patient portal" button on the top-right.
- Invite a group of patients using the bulk action called "invite to patient portal" located inside the "actions" menu of the manage patients page.
In both cases the patients will receive a dedicated message inviting them to verify their profile.
Interactive communications: Promote access to the Patients portal
Most SMS messages can be setup in order to contain the Patient portal invitation.
This appendix must include TRD92 that will generate a link that leads the recipient to the invitation page.
This appendix will be attached to the message only if the patient has not an account or is not a family member.
Interactive communication: request payment in advance
To give customers the possibility to collect payment in advance for video consultations booked offline we developed the request payment in advance message that is sent whenever a patient has a video consultation with mandatory payment that has been booked offline.
In order to make patients pay for this kind of appointment we need them to login into the patients portal therefore we need give access to the patients who have never registered online.
To achieve this we developed TRD104 that generates a link depending on the recipient:
- If the recipient has an account (a username and a password) a link to the appointment to pay is sent
- If the patient does not have an account, an invitation is sent. After completing the process the patient is led to the appointment page they have to pay
TRD104 allows also to send a member-portal invitation. This means to invite a patient having an appointment booked or imported on a member to the Patients portal of the portal the member is connected to.
Patients who do not own an account on the Patient Portal will receive an invitation to the Patient Portal when receiving a recall communication (either via email or SMS) containing TRD89.
TRD89 generates a link depending on the recipient:
- If the recipient already owns an account (username and password), they will receive a link to the search criteria page of the Patient Portal. The search criteria page will be pre-filtered to the service for which the recall has been sent.
- If the recipient does not own an account (meaning that they do not have a password), they will receive an invitation to the Patient Portal. After completing the invitation process, the patient will be redirected to the search criteria page, which will be pre-filtered to the appropriate service.
When, instead of INVITE TO PATIENT PORTAL, you see RESET PASSWORD it means that the patient has already a Password and needs a reset.